Design-Expert® version 10
Software for Experimental Design
WHAT IS NEW IN VERSION 10?
A description of what's new can be found below.
For installation details, go to our website and download the Getting Started Installation manual for version 10.
Supported operating systems
Windows 8 & 8.1
System Requirements for single user and network clients:
||1024x768 or greater
|Memory (Vista, 7 or 8)
||2 GB or greater
||Pentium Duo Core or greater
||Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
|Disk space (program/free)
||40 MB / 5GB
||Copious free space for virtual memory
Math Kernel Library (MKL)
Design-Expert 10 uses Intel's Math Kernel Library (MKL) version 11.2 update 3 to optimize the computational speed. It is distributed as part of the installation.
- If you cannot activate over the internet please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, serial number, and Host ID (available from the activation dialog).
- Some help topics may not be not available through the program.
- The relative ordering of very significant effects in the Half-Normal Plot of Normal Effects for multilevel factorial designs may lose accuracy when comparing terms with differing degrees of freedom.
- Switching between the Standard Error and Variance preference while looking at an Evaluation graph will not update the graph. You can leave the graph and come back to see the correct values.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10
Version 10.0.8.0 released November 30, 2017
- The Curvature term status is now correctly saved to the file.
- Fixed crash in Evaluation when component A is invariant.
Version 10.0.7.0 released September 12, 2017
- Fixed problem where clicking between different cells in the design layout would sometimes change the value being edited.
- Added column for VIFs in the Coefficients table of REML ANOVA report.
Version 10.0.6.0 released April 7, 2017
- Factorial designs will now properly save and load the state of the curvature term.
- Responses with an inverse transform and a non-zero k will no longer incorrectly give warnings when making predictions in original scale.
Version 10.0.5.0 released February 10, 2017
- Fixed crash when building a split-plot Response Surface design with categorical factors.
- Fixed crash analyzing designs with multiple mixtures combined with categorical factors.
- Minor updates to various help topics.
Version 10.0.4.0 released December 8, 2016
- Fixed crash when adding replicates to a Simplex Centroid design.
- Removed extraneous factor columns in Definitive Screening designs with 4 numeric factors and one or more categorical factors.
- Fixed crash when switching between Cox and Slack mixture models.
- Removed erroneous hat matrix warning when cancelling the FDS calculation.
- Fixed crash and incorrect predictions on systems that use a space character as the thousands separator.
- Removed ability to change the X2 axis range in an interaction plot.
- Clarified and updated documentation of statistical intervals.
Version 10.0.3.1 released June 17, 2016
- Fixed DFFITS limit description in the help.
Version 10.0.3.0 released June 7, 2016
- The program now correctly handles negative factor and block generators in 2-level fractional factorial builds.
- Eliminated crash that could occur after increasing the number of DSD numeric factors to the maximum when there are categoric factors.
- Some RSM designs could not be built for locales that use a comma for the decimal point. This has been fixed.
- Improved design quality and consistency of nonsimplex screening designs.
- Added warning to upfront and evaluation power that proportional response type is not available for randomized designs.
- Improved accuracy calculating prediction variance in actuals and reals for combined designs.
- Enhanced consistency of split-plot Maximum Likelihood chi-squared calculation.
- Popout view now preserves axes changes made in original graph.
- Improved consistency in finding minimum variance when calculating FDS Evaluation Graphs.
- Both Diagnostics and Model Graph Predicted vs Actual graphs have been changed to use the graph preferences for determining when to display ignored runs.
- Resolved problem where some simulation files would not load correctly for some locales.
- Help has been updated for a number of topics.
- Corrected various minor interface issues.
Version 10.0.2.0 released April 20, 2016
- Prediction variance measures are now more robust to mixture coding changes.
- Mixture coding selection is now preserved and not reset to default when leaving and returning to Model Selection screen.
- Resolved issue of empty FDS graph sometimes appearing after preference to calculate FDS is turned off.
- Improved random sampling of mixture spaces for FDS.
- Eliminated crash in the 32-bit version which occurred on some systems.
- Corrected problems with Pop-out views in Model and Optimization Graphs.
- Updated application icon with larger sizes.
- User-added process terms were not always displayed in Model Selection list for Combined Designs. That is now fixed.
- Enhanced checking of simulation files to account for different locales and improved parsing of small decimal values.
- Rectified problem rebuilding mixture designs with invariant components as combined designs with fewer components.
- Added a few new Help topics and updated annotations.
Version 10.0.1.0 released March 28, 2016
- Improved scaling for high-dpi displays in Windows 10
- There were cases where discrete factors were in designs that did not support them. That has been fixed.
- Corrected problem with adding terms to a Design Model for designs with invariant terms.
- Improved speed when calculating and displaying large combined models for selection.
- We now longer allow backward selection on Partial Quadratic Order for mixture designs.
- Error terms are now included in fraction of terms used to fit line in Half-Normal plot.
- Eliminated crash that could result from changing graph in Model Graphs with Pop-out views.
- Improved consistency in using lowercase letters for hard-to-change factors.
- Various minor improvements were made to interface including warning messages, log text, reports and data entry.
- Added preference to use adjusted model for predictions when curvature present (as was done in version 7 and earlier).
- User now has option to delete invalid trial license when running on a virtual machine.
Version 10.0.0.3 released January 26, 2016
- 64-bit version now available
- Math engine retooled for far-faster computations
- Optimal builds now run in parallel to speed up processing greatly
- Designs no longer limited to 32K runs
- Optimal split-plots for RSM and Combined (mixture-process) designs
- Blocking for Definitive Screening Designs
- Restricted Randomization Central Composite Designs
- Historical data choice for Combined designs
- Run column "Reorder as currently displayed" option for split-plot designs
- Column sort from View menu for Design Layout
- Power and sample size calculator for binomial responses during build
- Variance ratio displayed on the power response-entry screen for split-plots
- Moved DSD designs from Factorial to RSM tab.
- Removed low power warning for small factorial designs as this is covered in upfront Power Report.
- Ignored and verification runs are no longer considered when augmenting a design.
- New expanded and redesigned Evaluation Report for split-plot designs
- Power and sample size calculator for binomial responses added to Evaluation
- Parallelized FDS calculations.
- Design points now included when calculating minimum and maximum variance for FDS.
- Design Wizard provides guidance for less sophisticated users
- Expanded Undo/Redo option in Design Layout with new viewer toolbox
- Smoother scrolling of reports and spreadsheets
- Enhanced copy-paste for equations
- Improved export to Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Support for different decimal point characters (localization)
- LOESS Tool for Fit line in Graph Columns
- Improved Graph Columns correlation grid tool with more intuitive layout
- Enhanced constraint tool with simplified result equations and clear button
- Remember and restore position in design layout when returning to view
- Insert runs both before and after the selected run
- Double-click to resize reports
- Splash screen upon start (replaces About Box)
- Watermark added to example pictures on transformation screen
- Better handling of progress bars including threading
- New icon and graphics for Welcome and Splash screen.
- For consistency std/run/group/block columns are now shown/hidden based on the design and can no longer be changed as a user preference.
- Restored randomize all groups option on design layout.
- Moved all Effects graph preferences into Effects Graph page.
- Multiple Graphs view (factor profiler)
- All Reponses choice in Numerical Optimization
- Added interactive pairwise comparisons for graphs with LSD Bars.
- Improved flexibility in sizing and placement of flags on graphs
- Show ignored values on Predicted vs Actual graphs
- Can turn off the factor names on plots
- Select point after adding comment on graph
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) export format now supported
- Can now copy legend text to clipboard by right-clicking on legend.
- Jump-to-run will bring up Vertex Graph when run is a vertex.
- AICc, BIC and Adjusted R-squared criteria in algorithmic selection
- Automatic Model Selection tool for choosing Criterion and Selection method
- Model Selection Log in Automatic Model Selection and in ANOVA
- Likelihood ratio p-values for split-plot designs
- Forward selection for REML/ML analysis
- Aliases reported and selectable in Effects List (makes Alias List unnecessary)
- Curvature term removed for DSDs (or other SDs that model squared terms)
- Option to ignore groups for split-plot designs
- Equations section on the split-plot ANOVA
- Split-plot designs analyzed using either Maximum Likelihood (ML) or REML
- Tolerance Intervals for predictions in split-plot designs
- VIFs in split-plot ANOVA
- Adjustable REML/ML stopping rule and maximum iterations
- Negative variances excluded when calculating REML/ML
- Variance components in mixed-models zeroed out below a threshold
- Improved computation of R2 in split-plot designs
- Block variance no longer included when calculating LSD values
- Option to choose between one-sided and two-sided tests for intervals
- New toolbox to view the V-matrix used in Mixed Model calculations
- Half-Normal selection plots are now available for 2-level split-plot designs.
- Added linear mixture term to ANOVA REML Report.
- Box-Cox plot for mixed models
- Externally studentized residuals and influence graphs for mixed models (Cook's Distance, DFFITS, Covariance Trace and Covariance Ratio)
- Limit lines on diagnostic graphs labeled
- Color by Group in the Residual vs Factor diagnostic graph
- Control limit defaults values for DFFITs and DFBETAs with option not to display on graph
- Better footnoting in Diagnostics Report
- Upgraded to RLM version 12.0
For Technical Support or other information contact:
Web site: www.statease.com
Other info: email@example.com
Design-Expert® is a registered trademark of
2021 East Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Copyright© 2017. All rights reserved.
Design-Expert 10 uses Armadillo C++ Linear Algebra Library,
Copyright © 2009-2014 Conrad Sanderson, Copyright © 2009-2014 (NICTA)[www.nicta.com.au]
(Armadillo)[http://arma.sourceforge.net] is distributed unmodified under the MPL 2.0 license.
Design-Expert 10 uses Boost C++ version 1.57 library routines,
Copyright Beman Dawes, Daniel Frey, David Abrahams, 2003-2004, Copyright Rene Rivera 2004-2005.
Design-Expert 10 also uses DLib version 18.13 library routines,13853
Copyright © 2003 Davis E. King.
Boost and DLib both carry the following notice:
Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person or organization
obtaining a copy of the software and accompanying documentation covered by
this license (the "Software") to use, reproduce, display, distribute,
execute, and transmit the Software, and to prepare derivative works of the
Software, and to permit third-parties to whom the Software is furnished to
do so, all subject to the following:
The copyright notices in the Software and this entire statement, including
the above license grant, this restriction and the following disclaimer,
must be included in all copies of the Software, in whole or in part, and
all derivative works of the Software, unless such copies or derivative
works are solely in the form of machine-executable object code generated by
a source language processor.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Design-Expert 10 uses the Cairo graphics library,
Copyright © 2002 University of Southern California and Copyright (c) 2005 Red Hat, Inc.
Cairo is distributed unmodified under the MPL 1.1 license.
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
Design-Expert 10 uses libCurl licensed under a MIT/X derivate license:
COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE
Copyright © 1996 - 2015, Daniel Stenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All rights reserved.
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose
with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice
and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR
COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright holder shall not be used
in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in this Software
without prior written authorization of the copyright holder.
Design-Expert 10 uses fast math parser routines from muParser Copyright © 2011 Ingo Berg.
MuParser carries the following notice:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this
software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software
without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify,
merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
Design-Expert 10 uses the RapidJSON parser, Copyright © THL A29 Limited, a Tencent company, and Milo Yip.
RapidJSON is distributed unmodified using the following licenses:
The msinttypes r29
Copyright © 2006-2013 Alexander Chemeris
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Design-Expert 10 uses the [zlib] (http://www.zlib.net/zlib_license.html) general purpose compression library, Copyright © 1995-2013 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler.
Zlib carries the following notice:
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
- Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
Jean-loup Gailly Mark Adler
Design-Expert 10 uses [libpng] (http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt) PNG reference library.
The following copyright notice applies:
COPYRIGHT NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and LICENSE:
This code is released under the libpng license.
libpng versions 1.0.7, July 1, 2000, through 1.6.21, January 15, 2016, are Copyright (c) 2000-2002, 2004, 2006-2016 Glenn Randers-Pehrson, are derived from libpng-1.0.6, and are distributed according to the same disclaimer and license as libpng-1.0.6 with the following individuals added to the list of Contributing Authors:
Eric S. Raymond
and with the following additions to the disclaimer:
There is no warranty against interference with your enjoyment of the library or against infringement. There is no warranty that our efforts or the library will fulfill any of your particular purposes or needs. This library is provided with all faults, and the entire risk of satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy, and effort is with the user.
libpng versions 0.97, January 1998, through 1.0.6, March 20, 2000, are Copyright (c) 1998-2000 Glenn Randers-Pehrson, are derived from libpng-0.96, and are distributed according to the same disclaimer and license as libpng-0.96, with the following individuals added to the list of Contributing Authors:
Willem van Schaik
libpng versions 0.89, June 1996, through 0.96, May 1997, are Copyright (c) 1996-1997 Andreas Dilger, are derived from libpng-0.88, and are distributed according to the same disclaimer and license as libpng-0.88, with the following individuals added to the list of Contributing Authors:
libpng versions 0.5, May 1995, through 0.88, January 1996, are Copyright (c) 1995-1996 Guy Eric Schalnat, Group 42, Inc.
For the purposes of this copyright and license, "Contributing Authors" is defined as the following set of individuals:
Guy Eric Schalnat
The PNG Reference Library is supplied "AS IS". The Contributing Authors and Group 42, Inc. disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose. The Contributing Authors and Group 42, Inc. assume no liability for direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages, which may result from the use of the PNG Reference Library, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. Permission is hereby granted to use, copy, modify, and distribute this source code, or portions hereof, for any purpose, without fee, subject to the following restrictions:
The origin of this source code must not be misrepresented.
Altered versions must be plainly marked as such and must not be misrepresented as being the original source.
This Copyright notice may not be removed or altered from any source or altered source distribution.
The Contributing Authors and Group 42, Inc. specifically permit, without fee, and encourage the use of this source code as a component to supporting the PNG file format in commercial products. If you use this source code in a product, acknowledgment is not required but would be appreciated.
END OF COPYRIGHT NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, and LICENSE.