Those of you who’ve used previous versions of Design-Expert® software will be
impressed with the many improvements in Version 11.
- The look-and-feel has been updated including new icons and more tooltips.
- Toolboxes (e.g. the Factors Tool) can be docked and resized.
- The Design Layout displays a Design Properties tool that allows interactive editing of row and column attributes.
- Unicode and UTF-8 character sets are now supported.
- The Run Sheet view of the design has been eliminated to reduce clutter.
- Better scaling on high dps displays.
- The Diagnostics graphs have been split into separate tabs that can be resized and rearranged.
- You can now remove all contours from a surface graph.
- Mixture plots are now equilateral triangles.
- 3d graphs no longer switch to a wireframe when rotating.
- Graph lines are now anti-aliased (smoothed) and thicker by default.
- Reports have been split into separate tabs that can be resized and rearranged.
- There is a new toolbar for switching between predetermined layouts for the tabs.
- Factorials with center points now have a curvature test with an interactive “Remove/Add Curvature” button.
- Many tables in reports are now sortable.
- Ctrl–scrollwheel zooms in/out of reports, increasing/decreasing the font size.
- Split-plot designs can be built with I or A-optimal criteria
- Split-plot factorials design sizes are now specified by number of groups and group size.
- Optimal bootstrap parameters have been tweaked to improve performance.
- The maximum model order in the Fit Summary can now be limited to speed up calculations for large designs.
- The ANOVA for factorials with center points has been streamlined to make the analysis more intuitive and flexible.
- The entry of confirmation runs has been moved into its own table, allowing you to easily enter and review your confirmation data.
- The response simulator has been expanded with new functions and constants (see help for usage).