Design-Ease is the 'light' version of the far more comprehensive Design-Expert® software from Stat-Ease, which offers all of Design-Ease's features plus response surface methods (RSM) and mixture designs for product formulators. However, if all you need are the 20% of DOE tools that return 80% of the potential gains for process improvement, Design-Ease may be just what you need and no more, thus keeping it simple statistically (KISS).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10:
- 64-bit version now available
- Math engine retooled for far-faster computations
- Optimal builds now run in parallel to speed up processing greatly
- Designs no longer limited to 32K runs
- Blocking for Definitive Screening Designs
- Run column "Reorder as currently displayed" option for split-plot designs
- Column sort from View menu for Design Layout
- Power and sample size calculator for binomial responses during build
- Variance ratio displayed on the power response-entry screen for split-plots
- Removed DSD designs from Design-Ease (now only available in Design-Expert).
- Removed low power warning for small factorial designs as this is covered in upfront Power Report.
- Ignored and verification runs are no longer considered when augmenting a design.
- New expanded and redesigned Evaluation Report for split-plot designs
- Power and sample size calculator for binomial responses added to Evaluation
- Parallelized FDS calculations.
- Design points now included when calculating minimum and maximum variance for FDS.
- Design Wizard provides guidance for less sophisticated users
- Expanded Undo/Redo option in Design Layout with new viewer toolbox
- Smoother scrolling of reports and spreadsheets
- Enhanced copy-paste for equations
- Improved export to Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Support for different decimal point characters (localization)
- LOESS Tool for Fit line in Graph Columns
- Improved Graph Columns correlation grid tool with more intuitive layout
- Enhanced constraint tool with simplified result equations and clear button
- Remember and restore position in design layout when returning to view
- Insert runs both before and after the selected run
- Double-click to resize reports
- Splash screen upon start (replaces About Box)
- Watermark added to example pictures on transformation screen
- Better handling of progress bars including threading
- New icon and graphics for Welcome and Splash screen.
- For consistency std/run/group/block columns are now shown/hidden based on the design and can no longer be changed as a user preference.
- Restored randomize all groups option on design layout.
- Moved all Effects graph preferences into Effects Graph page.
- Multiple Graphs view (factor profiler)
- All Reponses choice in Numerical Optimization
- Added interactive pairwise comparisons for graphs with LSD Bars.
- Improved flexibility in sizing and placement of flags on graphs
- Show ignored values on Predicted vs Actual graphs
- Can turn off the factor names on plots
- Select point after adding comment on graph
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) export format now supported
- Can now copy legend text to clipboard by right-clicking on legend.
- Jump-to-run will bring up Vertex Graph when run is a vertex.
- AICc, BIC and Adjusted R-squared criteria in algorithmic selection
- Automatic Model Selection tool for choosing Criterion and Selection method
- Model Selection Log in Automatic Model Selection and in ANOVA
- Likelihood ratio p-values for split-plot designs
- Forward selection for REML/ML analysis
- Aliases reported and selectable in Effects List (makes Alias List unnecessary)
- Option to ignore groups for split-plot designs
- Equations section on the split-plot ANOVA
- Split-plot designs analyzed using either Maximum Likelihood (ML) or REML
- Tolerance Intervals for predictions in split-plot designs
- VIFs in split-plot ANOVA
- Adjustable REML/ML stopping rule and maximum iterations
- Negative variances excluded when calculating REML/ML
- Variance components in mixed-models zeroed out below a threshold
- Improved computation of R2 in split-plot designs
- Block variance no longer included when calculating LSD values
- Option to choose between one-sided and two-sided tests for intervals
- New toolbox to view the V-matrix used in Mixed Model calculations
- Half-Normal selection plots are now available for 2-level split-plot designs.
- Box-Cox plot for mixed models
- Externally studentized residuals and influence graphs for mixed models (Cook's Distance, DFFITS, Covariance Trace and Covariance Ratio)
- Limit lines on diagnostic graphs labeled
- Color by Group in the Residual vs Factor diagnostic graph
- Control limit defaults values for DFFITs and DFBETAs with option not to display on graph
- Better footnoting in Diagnostics Report
- Upgraded to RLM version 12.0
|Tutorials (DX & DE)||Size||Description|
|General Multilevel-Categoric One-Factor||1.9 MB||Build and analyze a one-factor factorial design, "Bowling"|
|General Multilevel-Categoric Factorial||1.63 MB||Build and analyze a three-level design with factorial analysis, "Battery" [Battery.simx]|
|Two-Level Factorial||3.09 MB||Two-level factorial design, "Filtrate" [Filtrate.simx]|
|Foldover Designs||1.63 MB||Augment a factorial design by foldover (DX8 tutorial) [Biker.dxp]|
|Taguchi Designs||641.36 KB||Taguchi designs (DX8 tutorial) [Taguchi-L16.dxp]|
|Split-Plot General Multilevel-Categoric Factorial||954.92 KB||Build and analyze a split-plot factorial design, "Pulp" [Pulp.dxpx]|
For foreign translations and feature tours, please see our Tutorials page.
|Design-Ease 10 (Single User or Network Client)|
|Hard Drive||250 MB free space|
|Server for Network Version (License Manager)|
|Hard Drive||250 MB disk space|
On a server:
Or a computer:
Network version requires installation of the Reprise License Manager (RLM) as a service.
May be installed on a virtual server that is assigned a static ethernet MAC address.
Getting Started - Installation Size: (1.05 MB)
Getting Started with Version 10 of Design-Expert Software
Design-Ease 10.0.5 (32-bit) Size: (39.2 MB)
32-bit Installer for Design-Ease 10.0.5
Design-Ease 10.0.5 (64-bit) Size: (48.82 MB)
64-bit Installer for Design-Ease 10.0.5
Stat-Ease Network Bundle (32-bit) Size: (5.31 MB)
Network bundle containing the 32-bit Reprise License Manager and utilities, Stat-Ease settings file, and documentation.
Stat-Ease Network Bundle (64-bit) Size: (5.72 MB)
Network bundle containing the 64-bit Reprise License Manager and utilities, Stat-Ease settings file, and documentation.
Tutorial Installer Size: (12.22 MB)
Installer for Design-Ease® tutorials
Design-Ease 10 Read Me Size: (23.49 KB)
Design-Ease 10 Read Me