Advanced Formulations: Combining Mixture & Process Variables* (Earn
In this advanced workshop, learn state-of-the-art tools for design and analysis of experiments on mixtures, and how to incorporate process variables. In the end you will know how to mix your cake, bake it, and ice it too using optimal designs.
Seven blends (on triangles) at eight process combinations (cube)
Ingredients for Efficient Experimentation
During the Advanced Formulations workshop you will:
- Set up optimal designs that combine mixture components and process factors
- Learn how to deal with both mixture composition and the amount applied
- Contend with categoric variables, such as material type
- Combine one mixture with another (frosting on the cake)
- Map mixtures to process space via ratios, thus enabling application of factorials and response surface methods (RSM)
- Become expert on innovative mixture models such as the partial quadratic
- Understand when it is advantageous to invert the mixture space via re-coding of components to upper-bounding
- Learn why the metrics for mixtures, for example by weight vs. volume, make a difference in the properties of the design.
"Thank you for clarity & enthusiasm in teaching statistics & DOE.
I can't wait to get back to work and start applying everything I've learned."
—Alexis Leonard, Nastech Pharmaceutical Company
Produce Contour Maps that Display Both Mixture and Process Space
Design-Expert® software helps you practice designing and analyzing mixture-process and other combined experiments throughout the workshop. The software provides the power for generation of optimal designs, as well as sophisticated numerical optimization tools for seeking out the sweet spots.
Knowledge of the basics of mixture design, covered in the Mixture Design for Optimal Formulations workshop, is a prerequisite. Knowledge of factorial design, covered in the Experiment Design Made Easy workshop, and response surface design, covered in the Response Surface Methods for Process Optimization workshop, are also highly recommended.
Please see the MIX2 course outline or call us for details.
See the public workshop schedule and the MIX2 course outline for further information.
here to register online.